Before you attend a service at Bethel or Church on the Hill, please read the information below, to help ensure the service goes well and we all stay safe:
• If you have any COVID symptoms (high temperature / new, continuous cough / loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) please inform us and DO NOT ATTEND. And please follow Government guidance (see gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance).
• Please wear a face covering whilst inside the church premises (unless you are exempt).
• You will be greeted and registered by a steward. Please remember to maintain social distancing if you have to queue.
• Doors will open half an hour before the service time; if the service is being broadcast live, it will need to start promptly, so please arrive in plenty of time to be registered and seated before then.
• A one-way system will be in operation for most of our venues, so please follow directions when you arrive.
• Hand sanitiser will be provided; please use this on entering and exiting the building.
• The kitchen will be out of use, so if you require a drink, please bring one with you.
• We will not be able to provide Bibles, so please bring your own.
• Government guidelines only permit social interaction with people from other households within groups of up to six individuals or two households, inside the building. Social distancing should be maintained, and face coverings must still be worn. Outside, social interaction with people from other households is allowed in groups of up to 30, and face coverings can be removed. Please bear in mind the witness to our neighbours who may be watching our behaviour outside the building. If you’re unsure, the stewards can explain. Please be prepared to always abide by the stewards’ instructions.
• If you need to cancel your booking, please do so ASAP by clicking on the link at the bottom of your seating request confirmation email. If you’re unable to do this, or need to amend your booking, please contact the Church Administrator ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org / 01252 719243.
We are sorry if these measures seem a little draconian, but we need to follow the guidelines that have been issued by the Government for our safety.
And whilst we are doing all we can to ensure that Bethel is COVID-secure, no visit to the building can be guaranteed 100% safe; if you choose to attend services you are doing so at your own risk. (If you’d like to see our risk assessment, please click here and then click on the risk assessment near the bottom of that page for the appropriate venue.)
With all that said, we’re really pleased to be able to meet again on Sundays, to worship our amazing God together.